Financial Services records
Financial Services records
This collection includes correspondence, personnel records, planners, minute books, real estate records, and other miscellaneous records kept by Treasury Services.
- Extent: 4 boxes (2 linear ft.). -- 11 cartons (11 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 1275
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2032) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection is seperated into four series: Series I, University Treasurer's correspondence records, Series II, University Treasurer's general records; Series III, University Financial Services real estate records' and Series IV, University Financial Services LDS Motion Picture Studio records.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from University Financial Services records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1275; Financial Services records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1275, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in April 2010.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; April 2010.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1275.xml
- Subject Terms
- White, Richard P.; Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Business records; Corporate minutes; Diaries; Letters
- Processing Information
- Processed; Stephanie Laabs; April 2010. Processed; Rachel Cutler; June 2006.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Financial Services records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Stephanie Laabs
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-21T13:37-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Brigham Young University Financial Services strives to promote and protect the economic interests of all BYU students. BYU Financial Services assists students with accounting, budgeting, investing, banking, payments, payroll, taxes, and other financial topics.
Brigham Young University Treasury Services is a division of Financial Services. Treasury Services Manages all banking relationships and invests financial assets to provide capital appreciation and income from interest and dividends as directed by the Investment Committee. They handle all cash receipts, disbursements, trust obligations, securities, check-cashing services and accounts receivables for campus departments. They also collect student tuition and fees, process student billings, and collect delinquent accounts. In addition, they process and compile budget requests and information to assist in budget reviews at the university level, with CES Administration, and Church Budget Committee.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series I in UA 1275
University Treasurer's correspondence records
University Treasurer's general records
Financial Services real estate records
Financial Services LDS Motion Picture Studio records
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives