Human Resource Services records
Human Resource Services records
Collection contains statistics, financial records, service awards, historical records, correspondence, meeting minutes, and reports for the Employee Relations Office and the Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Within these divisions there are files dealing with the Affirmative Action Association and the Advisory Committee on Women's Concerns.
- Extent: 15 boxes (7.5 linear feet). -- 15 cartons (15 linear feet)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. University Personnel Services
- Call Number: UA 1289
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2030) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in seven series: 1. Reports on employee relations and Equal Employment Opportunity. 2. Reports on affirmative action. 3. Statistics on employee relations. 4. Service awards. 5. Financial records on Equal Employment Opportunity. 6. Advisory Committee on Women's Concerns records. 7. Minutes and correspondence.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Human Resource Services records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1289; Human Resource Services records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1289, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Records were transferred by the managers of the Employee Relations and Equal Employment Opportunity offices in Human Resouce Services through Records Management, May 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; May 2009.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1289.xml
- Subject Terms
- Affirmative action programs--Utah--Provo; Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Corporate minutes; Letters; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Annette Steele; August 2006. Processed; Kayla Quinney; May 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Human Resource Services records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kayla Quinney
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:03-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
University Personnel Services (1969-1990) was a department at Brigham Young University which oversaw university employment.
Due to the growth and success of the Placement Center and the Employment Office, these offices merged into the Department of University Personnel Services in 1969. Personnel Services was given a Director, B. Keith Duffin, who served until 1984. He was given more responsibilities at this time, for example, recruiting and recommending the employment of administrative personnel. The Placement Center and the Employment Office continued as subunits with their respective responsibilities. Duffin oversaw the Benefits Office, the Ad Hoc Age Discrimination Committee, Communication Committee, Pre-School Conference Committee for Administrative Personnel and Staff, and the Church Educational System Personnel and Employee Benefits Committee. He also completed a personnel policies and procedures book, organized a personnel program and administrative personnel, organized a training program, held meetings with various staff and committees (Leadership Training, Public Relations Coordinating, Retirement, Pre-School Conference, University Safety Committees, and the Student Financial Aids Council), and oversaw the Personnel Committee. More subunits were created as Personnel Services continued to grow. Jay A. Adamson became the Managing Director of Personnel Services in August of 1984. In 1990, University Personnel Services became Human Resource Services, maintaining much of its structure.
Human Resource Services is a department at Brigham Young University that deals with employment.
Human Resource Services is the department that takes care of employment at BYU. The mission of the Brigham Young University Human Resource Services is to lead in building an environment that engenders excellence from all who work at BYU. Under the direction of the Administrative Vice President, the Assistant Administrative Vice President-Human Resource Services has responsibility for university human resource programs. This responsibility includes recruiting and hiring staff and administrative employees, maintaining personnel records, providing employment assistance for students, implementing and maintaining benefits programs, overseeing employee compensation, human resource development, organization development/consulting services, unemployment compensation, and service awards.
The Assistant Administrative Vice President-Human Resource Services has responsibility for Area HR Consultants, Compensation and Temple Eligibility Program, Employment Services, Equal Opportunity/Employee Relations and Benefit Services, Human Resource Development, and Human Resource Information Systems. As of 2011, the Assistant Administrative Vice President-Human Resource Services is Forrest Flake.
Within the Human Resource Services are many departments including Area HR Consultants, Awards & Recognition, Benefits, Student Employment, Equal Opportunity, HR Information Systems, Compensation, Ecclesiastical Clearance, Employee Relations, Human Resource Development, Office of the Assistant Administrative Vice President-Human Resource Services, and Staff & Administrative Employment.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 1289
Human Resource Services reports on employee relations and Equal Employment Opportunity
Human Resource Services reports on affirmative action
Human Resource Services statistics on employee relations
Human Resource Services service awards
Human Resource Services financial records on Equal Employment Opportunity
Advisory Committee on Women's Concerns records
Human Resource Services minutes and correspondence
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives