Brigham Young University Bookstore records

Brigham Young University Bookstore records

Dates: 1913-1964

This collection contains annual course catalogs from 1913 to 1964 that once belonged to Herald R. Clark, first manager of the bookstore.

  • Extent: 9 boxes (4.5 linear ft.)
  • Call Number: UA 1313
  • Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
  • Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
Languages and Scripts
English
Conditions of Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from BYU Bookstore records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Preferred Citation
Initial citation: UA 1313; Brigham Young University Bookstore records; University Archives; University Archives, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1313, LTPSC.
Acquisition Information
Found in the stacks, December 2006.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1313.xml
Subject Terms
Colleges and Universities; Education
Genre / Form
Schedules, School
Appraisal Information
Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Finding Aid ID Number
UPB_UA1313
Finding Aid Title
Brigham Young University Bookstore records
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Jennifer Kim
Finding Aid Creator
This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-19T16:49-0700
Finding Aid Language
English
Biographical Info:

Biographical/Historical note

Throughout its 69-year history, the bookstore, operating in four different locations during that time, served well the needs of the faculty and students, and at the same time made a modest profit, which was used for University purposes. Until the summer of 1961 the bookstore had been an "orphan" in the organizational structure of the University, but one of the first new buildings erected during the Wilkinson administration provided it with an attractive home. Herald R. Clark, after whom the Student Supply Association Building was named in 1953, was bookstore manager from 1915 to 1952. He operated the facility in addition to his other duties. From 1952 until 1961 the bookstore was managed by H. Neil McKnight, who was followed by Ivan L. Sanderson. When Sanderson resigned to become manager of the Stanford University Bookstore in 1968, he was replaced by Roger E. Utley, former assistant manager.



comments powered by Disqus

Site Navigation

Search this Collection

Collection Arrangement

Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description

Print View

Help with this Collection

Ask us a Question

Cory Nimer
University Archivist - University Archives
cory_nimer@byu.edu