Dean of Students records
Dean of Students records
This collection consists of ten series. Series I, Student Life Audit, contains information about the Student Life Audits conducted from 1975-1993. Series II, Dean's Advisory Council, contains minutes and information discussed in the Dean's Advisory Councils during 1982-1996. Series III, Student Life Committees, contains information about the various Student Life Committees that were organized from 1979-1997. Series IV, Student Life Developmental Project and Research Center, contains information about the Student Life Developmental Project and Research Center from 1982-1987. Series V, Student Life Clubs and Programs, contains information about the various Student Life clubs and programs that were organized from 1967-1994. Series VI, Women's Conference, contains information about the Women's Conferences held from 1980-1984. Series VII, Student Life Correspondence, contains correspondence between various departments on campus and personnel in the Student Life Department from 1976-1996. Series VIII, Student Life Faculty, contains information about faculty members from 1962-1985. Series IX, Student Life Financial Information, contains financial data from the Student Life Department from 1984-1994. Series X, Miscellaneous Student Life Information, contains miscellaneous student life materials such as correspondence, brochures, and articles, collected from 1970-1986.
- Extent: 70 boxes ; (36.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Dean of Students
- Call Number: UA 1314
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: Dean of Students records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1314, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred from Records Management, December 2006.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1314.xml
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Dean of Students--Committees; Women's Conference; Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Audiocassettes; Audits; Corporate minutes; Letters; Reports
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dean of Students records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-22T12:24-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Dean of Students contains many different departments, namely BYUSA, center for Conflict and Resolution, Center for Service and Learning, Honor Code Office, International Student Services, Multicultural Services, New Student Orientation, Scholarships, Student Honor Association, Student Leadership, Tutoring Services, University Accessibility Center, and Women Services and Resources.
comments powered by Disqus