Media Services records
Media Services records
This collection contains audio visual materials, brochures, meeting minutes, publications, correspondence, newsletters, oversized materials such as reel to reel tapes and early recording artifacts.
- Extent: 11 boxes (7.5 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 1317
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- This collection consists of two series, namely Media Services and Oversized Materials. The first series contains audio visual materials, brochures, meeting minutes, publications, correspondence, and newsletters. It is housed in boxes one through nine. The second series contains oversized materials such as reel to reel tapes and early recording artifacts. It is housed in boxes 10-11.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Media Services records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1317; Media Services records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1317, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Found in the University Archives stacks in January 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Found; University Archives stacks; January 2007.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1317.xml
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education; Religion in motion pictures
- Genre / Form
- Audio-visual materials; Audiotapes; Corporate minutes; Letters; Newsletters; Pamphlets
- Processing Information
- Processed; Amanda Jo Carter; January 20007.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Media Services records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Amanda Jo Carter
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-21T13:53-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Specialized teams at Media Services combine instructional and technological skills to support academic, church, and entertainment activities throughout campus. Services are custom fit to meet the unique needs of individuals, colleges, departments, and the university infrastructure. Experts in the Instructional Technology Center generate quality graphic design, desktop publishing, presentation graphics, photography, instructional design, multimedia presentations, and hands-on multimedia training seminars. Operations employees schedule and deliver audio and visual services to the campus community. Some resources include films, videos, and equipment for recording, display, and projection. Technical crews are available for around-the-clock support with theatrical lighting, video systems, sound reinforcement, and audio recordings (including forums, devotionals, and BYU firesides). Tape duplication, audio and video editing, and access to an extensive film and tape collection are other valuable services. Engineering, Installation, and Maintenance areas coordinate to provide the design, installation, and maintenance of electronic, data, and communications systems. This involves complex units like TELE classrooms, as well as individual computers, printers, media equipment, cameras, typewriters, etc.
comments powered by Disqus