College of Business records
College of Business records
This collection contains information about the Business College. The collection is divided into four series. I. Business College Graduation Files (1963-1983). II. General Files and Papers (1956-1978). III. Applications (1952-1978). IV. Correspondence (1965-1978). The Graduation Files series contains students' graduation papers. The General Files and Papers series contains committee minutes, budgets, and general files from the department. The Applications series contains completed applications for student and faculty employment opportunities. The Correspondence series contains various correspondences that involve different members of the department.
- Extent: 75 boxes (37.5 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 1331
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. Series I and Series III are restricted 75 years after the creation of the record due to privacy issues.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Business College records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1331; College of Business records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1331, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Found in the stacks, Mar. 2007.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1331.xml
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- College of Business records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jennifer Kim
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-19T16:51-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The College of Business had its beginnings when Benjamin Cluff organized the Commercial College in 1881. Following several curriculum and administrative changes, the Commercial College became the college of Commerce and Business Administration in 1921 under the guidance of George Brimhall. In 1957 the College of Business was created under the auspices of Ernest Wilkinson. In 1982 the College of Business moved into the Tanner Building, and in 1988 the College of Business changed its name to the Marriott School of Management.
comments powered by Disqus