English Composition records
English Composition records
This collection contains information pertaining to the English Composition Department. The collection is divided into five series. I. English Research Files (1998-2003). II. Syllabi (2001-2003). III. General Files (1991-1999). IV. Grade Rolls (1992-2002). V. Student Essays (1976-1978). The Research series contains research proposals and materials from both the faculty and students. Syllabi series contains syllabi from English 115 and Advanced Writing classes during the given years. General Files series contains evaluations and other information pertaining to the department. Grade roles series contains grades from English 115 and Advanced Writing during the given years. Student essays series contains essays from English 115 and Advanced Writing during the given years.
- Extent: 16 boxes (8 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 1338
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. Series four and five are restricted 75 years due to privacy issues.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from English Composition records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1338; English Composition records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1338, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Found in the stacks, Mar. 2007.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1338.xml
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education; English language--Composition and exercises
- Genre / Form
- Essays; Outlines
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- English Composition records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-24T04:25-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
English Composition is a branch of Brigham Young University's English Department. Their mission is to help individuals achieve the mission and aims of Brigham Young University through the study of the English language and of literature written in English, and through the development of the attributes associated with a liberal arts education: skill with language, sound thinking, critical judgment, effective and persuasive writing, moral discrimination, creative imagination, independent thought, and wisdom.
comments powered by Disqus