Student Life records
Student Life records
Contains meeting minutes, information on the 7th East Press, policies, files concerning student health care, Elliot Cameron's personal correspondence as Dean of Student Life, schedules, subject files, annual reports, audits, bulletins and other publications from the Office of Student Life, and correspondence from the International Students Office, the I.D. Center and the Associate Dean of Student Life.
- Extent: 43 boxes (21.5 linear ft.). -- 2 cartons (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Student Life
- Call Number: UA 1362
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted; Closed for 25 years after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Brigham Young University Student Life records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1362; Brigham Young University Student Life records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1362, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items was transfered to Special Collections in 1989.
- Acquisition Information
- Transfer; 2007.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Student Life; Correspondence; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Newsletters; Reports; Schedules, School
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Student Life records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jennifer Kim
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:26-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Student Life Team supports and models the mission of Brigham Young University. It accomplishes its mission by providing food and housing, goods and services, student leadership, development, counseling, health and safety, service learning, Honor Code education, and multi-cultural programs. Student Life was organized in 1945 by President Howard McDonald in order to organize all student activities and special services under a definite head. McDonald created the positions of Dean of Students and Director of Special Services to carry out his vision.
comments powered by Disqus