General Services records
General Services records
Collection contains correspondence, proposals for a new library information system, reports regarding conferences, invoices from conferences hosted by General Services, meeting minutes, employment applications, billing forms, newsletters, surveys, and subject files. Materials cover the period of 1957 to 1984.
- Extent: 40 boxes (20 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. General Services. -- Schwendiman, Fred A. (Fred Austin), 1919-2004
- Call Number: UA 1365
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted; records closed until 2009, and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from General Services records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Administrative history General Services at Brigham Young University was established to assist the director of housing, provide management and skills training programs, safety programs, to coordinate food and housing needs for summer conferences, to coordinate services to the Language Training Mission, and to assist with special projects, such as the United Way program.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1365; General Services records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1365, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1365.xml
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. General Services--Archives; Colleges and Universities; Congresses and conventions--Utah--Provo--History--Sources; Education
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Letters; Newsletters; Reports
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- General Services records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-22T12:40-0700
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus