College of Family Living records
College of Family Living records
Collection of administrative, departmental, and historial records for the College of Family Living. The collection includes publicity materials, self-evaluation reports, meeting minutes, faculty and department information, correspondence, materials outlining the history of the college and records from the Department of Child and Family Relations, 1954-1990.
- Extent: 18 boxes (9 linear ft.). -- 5 cartons (5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. College of Family, Home and Social Sciences
- Call Number: UA 309
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- This collection was kept in its original order but is intellectually arranged into 6 series: 1. Administrative records,1954-1990; 2. Publicity records, 1952-1956; 3. Meeting minutes, 1961-1966, 1970-1978; 4. Correspondence, 1954-1966; 5. College history records, 1955-1977; and 6. Department of Child Development and Family Relations records, 1960-1972.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the College of Family Living records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 309; College of Family Living records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in October 2010.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; October 2010.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA309.xml
- Subject Terms
- Cutler, Virginia F., 1905-1993; Porter, Blaine R.; Colleges and Universities; Correspondence; Education; Home and Family; Meetings; Universities and colleges--Departments
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Student records
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth West; October 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- College of Family Living records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth West
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-18T13:36-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The College of Family Living was organized to prepare students for homemaking, professions relating to homemaking, and to strengthen and enrich family life within their communities. The College changed its name from the College of Applied Science in 1954 and then became the College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences in 1981. The College of Family Living was the administering body for the following departments: Clothing and Textiles, Economics and Management of the Home, Food and Nutrition, Homemaking Education, Housing Design, Human Development and Family Relationships, Housing and Home Management, Family Life Education, Child Development and Family Relationships, Home Economics Education, Environmental Design, Family Economics and Home Management, Food Science and Nutrition, Interior Design, Family Studies, Interior Environment, and Family Resource Management. The college was administered by a director during its first year of operation and the a dean under the direction of the university president in the following years.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 309
College of Family Living administrative records
College of Family Living publicity records
College of Family Living meeting minutes
College of Family Living correspondence
College of Family Living college history records
Dates: 1955 -1977
Department of Child Development and Family Relations records
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives