Ivan A. Crosland papers
Ivan A. Crosland papers
Dates: approximately 1957-1970
Collection contains dramatic scripts, student team papers, and grade transcripts of Crosland from 1957 to 1970.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Crosland, Ivan A.
- Call Number: UA 5315
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Ivan A. Crosland papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5315; Ivan A. Crosland papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5315, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management.
- Acquisition Information
- Found; August 2007.
- Subject Terms
- Acting--Study and teaching--Utah--Provo; Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- College students' writings; Drama
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kayla Quinney; May 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Crosland (Ivan A.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kayla Quinney
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-06T04:23-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Ivan A. Crosland (born 1936) was an actor and theater professor in Utah.
Ivan Anthony Crosland was born on August 29, 1936 in Millard County, Utah to George Mathew Crosland and Clara E. Stephenson. He graduated high school from Millard High School in Filmore, Utah, and then attended Brigham Young University (BYU). A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Crosland served a mission for the Church to the Northwestern States between 1957 and 1959. After his return he continued his education at BYU, where he earned a bachelor's and master's degree in speech and drama in 1961 and 1965 respectively. He married Helene Bennett, and they had four children.
After graduation he worked as an actor and director. He worked at Weber State College from 1967 to 1971, and joined the faculty at BYU in 1971. There he was involved in various theatrical productions, both as an actor and director. He also served on the General Board of the Aaronic Priesthood Committee. Crosland remained active until 2005, and was known for his voice acting work for the Animated Stories scripture video series.
comments powered by Disqus