General Services records
General Services records
Contains correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, photographs, newspapers and magazines concerning General Services dated 1966-1983.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. General Services
- Call Number: UA 5351
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from General Services files must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5351; General Services records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5351, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Found in the stacks, January 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Found; University Archivist; January 2009.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Brigham Young University. General Services; Brigham Young University. General Services--Archives
- Genre / Form
- Reports; Periodicals; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Photographs; Letters; Corporate minutes
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kayla Quinney; January 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- General Services records
- Finding Aid Author
- Kayla Quinney
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2017-07-10 17:24:05 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
General Services (1972-1990) functioned to administrate over a variety of services offered by the university.
General Services was formed in 1972 when the Auxiliary Special Services and the Department of Housing were combined into one unit. The Assistant Vice-President for Business acted through General Services in order to administrate Agricultural Operations, Auxiliary Maintenance, Auxiliary Special Services, the BYU Bookstore, Food Services, Purchasing, and to gave direction and assistance to the Director of Housing. General Services was also responsible for providing management and skills training programs, necessary safety programs, and to coordinate food and housing needs for summer conferences, as well as coordinating BYU services to the Language Training Mission (1972-1980). In addition, General Services worked with the director of Housing to provide adequate housing both on and off campus for students. Heads of the department included Rulon G. Craven (1972), Clyde Bair (1972-1987), and Delyle Barton (1987-1990). In 1990, the organization's functions were assumed by Student Auxiliary Services.
comments powered by Disqus