Computer Services records
Computer Services records
Collection of materials from Computer Services, including proposals for computer consulting services, computer consultants' BIDS, staff meeting minutes, auditor reports, and records from the Computer Technical Committee, Computer Administrative Users Committee, and the Computer Guidance Council.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Computer Services
- Call Number: UA 5352
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2006) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Retained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Computer Services records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5352; Computer Services; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5352, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Found in University Archives stacks in October 2007.
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Computer Services--Archives; Colleges and Universities; Computer systems--Utah--Provo; Education
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Letters; Memorandums; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kayla Quinney; May 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Computer Services records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kayla Quinney
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-06T04:23-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Computer Services (1969-1985) was responsible for computing facilities at Brigham Young University.
Computer Services was organized in 1969 with the expansion and reorganization of the Computer Research Center. The organization managed the Computer Research Center, the Engineering Analysis Center, and the Science Computation Center as well as providing extensive computing facilities to faculty, staff, and students. The organization also facilitated the Information Center and the PC Technical Support Group. Computer Services was run by a director who reported to the Academic Vice-President. Directors of Computers Services included: Gary Carlson (1969-1981) and Willard H. Gardner (1981-1985). Computers Services was reorganized in 1984 into Information Systems Services.
comments powered by Disqus