Admissions and Records Office records
Admissions and Records Office records
Contains correspondence, student and computer registrations, student finances, and conferences. Includes information on registration guidelines, student registration, and computer registration from other universities, as well as conference materials from American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). Materials date from between 1969 and 1985.
- Extent: 9 cartons (9 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Admissions and Records Office
- Call Number: UA 5356
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Series 1, 2, and 4 are restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2010) after the creation and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. Series 3 is restricted. Closed for 75 (until 2053) years after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the Privacy Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into four series: 1. Correspondence. 2. Registration records. 3. Financial records. 4. Records on American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers conferences.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Admissions and Records Office records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5356; Admissions and Records Office records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5356, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Found in the stacks in 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Found; stacks; 2007.
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Admissions and Records Office--Archives; College students--Utah--Provo; Colleges and Universities; Education; Student registration--Utah--Provo
- Genre / Form
- Conference proceedings; Financial records; Letters; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Matthew Leavitt; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Admissions and Records Office records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Sarah Flinders
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-11T17:08-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Office of Admissions and Records (1956-2001) was an administrative office at Brigham Young University.
The Office of Admissions and Records was established in 1956 and was designed to help students from their first inquiry about BYU. The office also worked with faculty, parents, BYU administration and agencies that require information about student records. The responsibility of the office is divided into eleven supervised areas. These include the Admissions Adviser Program, High School & Junior College Relations, Financial Aids, Admissions Office, Registrar, Evaluation—Transfer and Graduation, Data Collection and Analysis, Microfilm Services, Academic Advisement, and cooperating with the Educational Information and Guidance Center.
Admissions and Records was under the direction of a dean and administered regularly over the Admissions Office, Records Office, and Registrars. Over some periods it also was over the Admissions Advisers Program, the Coordinator of Financial Aids, and the Statistics and Veterans officer. The office of Admissions and Records was under the direction of these deans: Bliss H. Crandal (1956-1959), Alma P. Burton (1959-1964), William R. Siddoway (1964-1972), Robert W. Spencer (1974-1991), Erlend D. Peterson (1992-2001).
The Office of Admissions and Records was renamed Student Academic and Advisement Services in 2001.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5356
Admissions and Records Office correspondence
Admissions and Records Office registration records
Admissions and Records Office financial records
Admissions and Records Office records on American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers conferences
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives