Media Services records
Media Services records
Contains the materials collected and produced by Media Services. Materials include correspondence, reports, and actions concerning the Daily Universe, Department of Communications, and Instructional Television Services (1962-1978).
- Extent: 7 cartons (7 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Media Services
- Call Number: UA 5373
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Retained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Media Services records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 5373; Media Services records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: UA 5373, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in 1989.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; 1989.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Brigham Young University. Media Services; Brigham Young University. Media Services--Archives
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Jacob Clark Smith; January 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- Administration (University Archives Collection Development Policy, 2015, V.b.v.2.a).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Media Services records
- Finding Aid Author
- Jacob Clark Smith
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-04-29 15:13:10 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Media Services (1983-1999) was an administrative unit at Brigham Young University.
Media Services oversaw many departments dealing with video and audio production. In 1999 Media Services was dissolved and became a part of the Office of Information Technology Services. Administrators for Media Services were William D. Farnsworth (1976-1983), and D. Dean VanUitert (1983-1999). Divisions who had their own directors within Media Services included Broadcast Services Dept., Film Production Department, Marketing Department, and the Sound Services Department. Media Services oversaw the Broadcast Services Department, Electronic Media Department, Film Production Department, Marketing Department, and Sound Service Department. From 1978-1981 Media Services worked in association with Learning Services and the David O. McKay Institute to administer and run the campus Learning Resource Centers program. The manager of Media Services oversaw all units within the service. Media Services functioned under the direction of the University.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5373
Media Services correspondence on publications
Media Services records on Department of Communications
Media Services records on graduate students
Media Services instructional materials
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives