Catalog Department records
Catalog Department records
Collection of audio and video recordings from the department, and part of the Mormon Media Collection. Contains compact discs, audio cassettes, video cassettes, and one phonograph of various discourses, including those by Truman G. Madsen. Also includes library stamp cards, and receipts from Brigham Young University library and Salt Lake City Temple. Dated 1895 to 1990.
- Extent: 2 cartons (2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Harold B. Lee Library. Catalog Department
- Call Number: UA 5374
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Maintained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Catalog Department records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5374; Catalog Department records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5374, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from the Catalog Department.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Catalog Department.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Mormon Church--History; Mormon Church--Doctrines; Harold B. Lee Library. Catalog Department
- Genre / Form
- Compact discs; Phonograph records; Video recordings
- Processing Information
- Processed; Stephanie Laabs; May 2010. Processed; Erin Owens; January 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Catalog Department records
- Finding Aid Author
- Stephanie Laabs
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-08 14:32:03 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Catalog Department (1973-2007) was a technical services processing unit in the Harold B. Lee Library.
The Catalog, or Cataloging, Department was retained from the organization of the Clark Library in its reorganization in 1973. The department was responsible for cataloging library resources for patron use, and was involved in both original and copy cataloging. The unit was part of the Technical Services Division from 1980 to 2002, and of Collection Development and Technical Services Division from 2002 to 2007. Department chairs were Gloria Jenson (1973-1993) and Carla Kupitz (1993-2007). In 2007 the department was split into three units, including the Cataloging Services Department, the Special Collections and Metadata Catalog Department, and the Catalog Systems and Database Unit.
comments powered by Disqus