Department of Psychology records
Department of Psychology records
Materials include department meeting minutes and agendas relating to faculty appointments and reviews, curriculum modifications, budget and financial planning, student participation, graduation activities, and other topics. Dated 1956-1979.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 5383
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2004) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Department of Psychology records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5383; Department of Psychology records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5383, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred to the repository in 1989.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; 1989.
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education; Psychology--Study and teaching--Utah--Provo
- Genre / Form
- Agendas; Corporate minutes
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth West; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Department of Psychology records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Sarah Flinders
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-06T04:26-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Department of Psychology (1920- ) is a department within the College of Family, Home and Social Sciences.
The Department of Psychology was established in 1920, after the Church Teachers College was split. Originally a part of the School of Arts and Sciences, the department has also fallen within the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, the College of Social Sciences, and its present day place within the College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences.
Members of the department faculty are affiliated with the disciplinary subjects of applied social, behavioral neurobiology, clinical, developmental, pedagogy, and theoretical and philosophical psychology. Numerous department chairs have helped facilitate these educational goals, including Dean R. Brimhall (1920-1921); Hugh M. Woodward (1921-1923); M. Wilford Poulson (1924-1929, 1940-1951); Robert J. Howell (1964-1966); Kenneth R. Hardy (1966-1968); Darhl M. Pedersen (1968-1970; 1972-1979); Kay H. Smith (1970-1972); Donovan E. Fleming (1979-1987); Gary L. Bunker (1987-1991); David V. Stimpson (1991-1997); Erin D. Bigler (1997-2003); M. Gawain Wells (2003-2007); and Ramona Hopkins (2007- ).
comments powered by Disqus