Department of Mathematics records
Department of Mathematics records
Contains meeting minutes, correspondence, and financial records documenting the functioning of the department. Materials date from between 1959 and 2006.
- Extent: 3 cartons (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Department of Mathematics
- Call Number: UA 5397
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (2031) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in six series: 1. Department of Mathematics records of scholarships and awards, 1992-2006. 2. Department of Mathematics audit report, 1984. 3. Department of Mathematics faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, 1978-2000. 4. Department of Mathematics records of grants and gifts, 1996-1999. 5. Department of Mathematics records on software licensing, 1989-1996. 6. Department of Mathematics chair records, 1959-2004.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Department of Mathematics records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5397; Department of Mathematics records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5397, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in May 2008.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; May 2008.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Mathematics--Study and teaching--Utah--Provo; Brigham Young University. Department of Mathematics; Brigham Young University. Department of Mathematics--Archives
- Genre / Form
- Financial records; Letters; Corporate minutes
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth West; May 2008. Addendum processed; Jenna Kirchhoefer; April 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Department of Mathematics records
- Finding Aid Author
- Sarah Flinders
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-05-07 09:12:51 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Department of Mathematics is an instructional unit at Brigham Young University.
The Department of Mathematics was formed in 1921 in the College of Arts and Sciences as part of a division of the earlier Department of Mathematics and Physics. It was later transferred to the College of Physical and Engineering Sciecnes in 1954, and to the current College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences in 1973. The department provides instruction in the field of mathematics. Chairs have included Carl F. Eyring (1921-1929, 1931-1937, 1939-1951), Milton Marshall (1929-1931, 1938, and 1953-1957), Harvey J. Fletcher (1958-1963), Kenneth J. Hillam (1964-1978), Peter A. Crawley (1978-1990), Donald W. Robinson (1990-1995), Peter W. Bates (1993-1995), Gerald M. Armstrong (1995-1998), Wayne W. Barrett (1998-2001), Lynn E. Garner (2001-2007), Tyler J. Jarvis (2007-2012), and Robin O. Roundy (2012- ).
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5397
Department of Mathematics records of scholarships and awards
Department of Mathematics audit report
Department of Mathematics faculty meeting minutes and correspondence
Department of Mathematics records of grants and gifts
Department of Mathematics records on software licensing
Department of Mathematics chair records
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives