Douglas Emron Jones papers
Douglas Emron Jones papers
Collection contains papers from Jones pertaining to his life history and to proposals from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jones, Douglas Emron
- Call Number: UA 5419
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Douglas Emron Jones papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5419; Douglas Emron Jones papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5419, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Douglas E. Jones in installments between 2008 and 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Douglas E. Jones; August 2008. Donated; Douglas E. Jones; April 2009.
- Subject Terms
- Astronautics; Education; Colleges and Universities; Jones, Douglas Emron; Brigham Young University Film Society--Faculty; Jones, Douglas Emron--Archives
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; September 2008. Processed; Matthew Leavitt; May 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jones (Douglas Emron) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- J. Gordon Daines III
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-03-10 17:32:02 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Douglas Emron Jones (born 1930) is a retired professor of physics in Utah.
Douglas Emron Jones was born on August 19, 1930 in Long Beach, California to Emron Higbee Jones and Jennie Cox. He grew up in Los Angeles, and attended Pasadena Junior High School. After graduation Jones joined the United States Air Force, serving between 1950 and 1954. A year after his return, in 1955 he married Donna McFarland. They had five children.
Jones then attended Brigham Young University, receiving his bachelor's degree in 1957 and a master's degree in 1959. He then worked at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California from 1959 to 1962 before returning to Brigham Young University to complete a Ph.D. in Physics in 1964. Upon completing his degree he joined the university's Department of Physics. During his career he was involved in the American Geophysical Union and American Physical Society, and his is research interests included solar and planetary/space physics. Jones retired from the university in 2004.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Box/folder in UA 5419
box 1 folder 1
Douglas Jones life history
box 1 folder 2
Mariner Venus-Mercury Flyby Mission proposal
box 1 folder 3
Grand Tour Missions to the Outer Planets proposals
box 1 folder 4
Magnetic field studies proposals
box 1 folder 5
Reduction and analysis of Pioneer 10, 11 vector helium magnetometer data : 1 October 1985 to 30 September 1988
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives