Honors Program writing guides for Honors 200
Honors Program writing guides for Honors 200
Consists of several bound copies of writing guides produced for use in Honors 200 courses by Honors students. The collection has volumes for 1992, 1995-1997, 1999, 2002, 2006, and 2012.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Honors Program
- Call Number: UA 5421
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged by year.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Honors Program writing guides for Honors 200 must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5421; Honors Program writing guides for Honors 200; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5421, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred by Susan Jorgensen on behalf of the Honors Program in September 2008. Found in the University Archives stacks April 2014. Found in the University Archives stacks in January 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Honors Program; September 2008. Found; University Archives; April 2014. Found; University Archives; January 2015.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; English language--Rhetoric--Handbooks, manuals, etc.; English language--Grammar--Handbooks, manuals, etc.; Academic writing--Handbooks, manuals, etc.; Brigham Young University. Honors Program
- Genre / Form
- Manuals (Handbooks)
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; October 2008. Addendum processed; Sarah Markle; May 2014. Addendum processed; Erin Owens; March 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Honors Program writing guides for Honors 200
- Finding Aid Author
- J. Gordon Daines III
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-05-01 12:19:39 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Honors Program (est. 1960) is an academic unit at Brigham Young University.
The Honors Program was established by university president Ernest L. Wilkinson in 1960 to broaden and enrich the undergraduate student experience through intensive general education courses. This has included a focus on critical thinking and writing skills, and more recently on interdisciplinary approaches to subjects. The program was initially open to students by invitation, but was expanded to the general student body in 1983.
The Honors Program has been associated with various units of the university administration. Initially it reported directly to university administration, then in 1973 was placed under the dean of College of General Studies. In 1979 it was again placed under the direction of the university, but after 1983 began reporting through the dean of General Education and Honors and the dean of Undergraduate Education. Directors of the program have included Robert K. Thomas (1960-1968), Richard D. Poll (1968-1970), C. Terry Warner (1970-1975), Thomas F. Rogers (1975-1978), Reba L. Keele (1978-1979), Gary L. Browning (1979-1981, 1982-1983), Karen Lynn (1981-1982), De Lamar Jensen (1983-1986), Thomas Matheson (1986-1988), Alan F. Keele (1988-1993), James Faulconer (1994-1995), Susan Easton Black (1995-1998), Daniel Fairbanks (1998-1999), K. Newell Dayley (2000), J. Scott Miller (2000-2007), Madison U. Sowell (2007-2009), Gary L. Hatch (2009-2010), Rory Scanlon (2010-2012), and Joseph Parry (2012- ).
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Box/folder in UA 5421
box 1 folder 1
There are tunnels beneath the sidewalk : navigating Honors 200
box 1 folder 2
There are dinosaurs beneath the stadium : the bare bones of living and writing at BYU
box 1 folder 3
5 smooth stones : the tools of student writing
box 1 folder 4
Shib-bo-leth : learning the language of BYU
box 1 folder 6
Why write? A guide to BYU Honors Intensive Writing
box 1 folder 7
Why write? A guide to BYU Honors University writing
box 1 folder 5
800 N 200 E : addressing honors intensive writing
box 2 folder 1
Honors program writing guides for Honors 200
box 2 folder 2
Focus : a student perspective on the Honors Program
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives