Intercollegiate Athletics films
Intercollegiate Athletics films
Collection of reels, videocassettes, and DVDs of intercollegiate and other athletic events at Brigham Young University. Collection consists mostly of football and basketball games, 1940-2003.
- Extent: 33 boxes (16.5 linear ft.). -- 112 cartons (112 linear ft.). -- 248 oversize boxes (81.84 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Intercollegiate Athletics
- Call Number: UA 5426
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Technical Requirements
- Film reels are restricted due to need for specialized equipment upon which to play them. All have been transferred to DVD.
- Arranged in three series: 1. Intercollegiate Athletics motion picture films and videocassettes. 2. Intercollegiate Athletics sports DVDs. 3. Intercollegiate Athletics reference DVDs.
- Alternative Format
- DVD copies not yet available, but will be transferred from University Records Management.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Intercollegiate Athletics tapes must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5426; Intercollegiate Athletics tapes; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5426, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management between November 2008 and May 2010. All films have been transferred to DVD for patron use.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; November 2008. Transferred; Records Management; March and October 2009. Transferred; Records Management; May 2010.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory of films available in case file.
- Subject Terms
- Social Life and Customs; Colleges and Universities; Education; Football--Utah--Provo; Basketball--Utah--Provo; College sports--Utah--Provo; Sports and Recreation; Brigham Young University. Intercollegiate Athletics--Archives; Brigham Young University--Sports
- Genre / Form
- DVDs; Videocassettes; Motion picture film
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth West; November 2008. Processed; Kayla Quinney; June and November 2009. Processed; Kayla Quinney; May 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Intercollegiate Athletics films
- Finding Aid Author
- Elizabeth West and Kayla Quinney
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-04-25 16:45:39 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Intercollegiate Athletics functions to coordinate and maintain Brigham Young University's athletic programs.
Intercollegiate Athletics was established in 1955 as part of the College of Recreation, Physical and Health Education, and Athletics. In 1960, Athletics was made part of the College of Physical Education. In 1975, it was incorporated into the overall structure of Brigham Young University. Administrative heads have included: Edwin R. Kimball (1957-1964), Floyd Millett (1964-1972), Stan Watts (1972-1975), Glen C. Tuckett (1975-1993), Clayne R. Jensen (1993), Rondo Fehlberg (1996-2000), Val Hale (2000-2005), and Thomas Holmoe (2005- ). Athletics is responsible for maintaining Brigham Young University's participation within its respective conferences as well as the National Collegiate Athletic Association. As an educative body, it is dedicated to the development of vital individual traits such as respect for authority and discipline, ability to direct and lead, understanding in social and moral aspects, ability for self-discipline, capacity to think and act under stress, and perseverance in overcoming barriers. The teams sponsored by Athletics include football, basketball, swimming, tennis, golf, and track.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5426
Intercollegiate Athletics motion picture films and videocassettes
Intercollegiate Athletics sports DVDs
Intercollegiate Athletics reference DVDs
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives