Financial Services records
Financial Services records
Collection includes annual reports, assistant administrative vice president files, and Jerusalem Center financial records. Dates range from 1967 to 2010.
- Extent: 6 boxes (3 linear ft.). -- 3 cartons (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Financial Services
- Call Number: UA 5439
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2035) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection arranged into three series: 1. Financial Services annual reports, 1967-2010. 2. Financial Services administrative records, 1988-1989. 3. Financial Services records on the Jerusalem Center, 1990-1991.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Financial Services records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5439; Financial Services records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5439, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in installments between 2009 and 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; February 2009. Transferred; University Archivist; February 2009. Transferred; Records Management; May 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education; Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies--Finance; Brigham Young University. Financial Services; Brigham Young University--Finance
- Genre / Form
- Financial records; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kayla Quinney; March 2009. Processed; Sarah Markle; May 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Financial Services records
- Finding Aid Author
- Kayla Quinney
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-06-22 16:49:12 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Financial Services (1967-) is a subunit of Brigham Young University.
Financial Services began overseeing all financial aid in 1971. This office awarded scholarships and grants to students. The director of Financial Services was Lyman J. Durfee (1968-1987). Sometime between 1975 and 1979, the director of Financial Services was given the title Associate Administrative Vice President-Finance. Clyde R. Morrell filled this role from 1987 to 2000. Brian Evans became Associate Administrative Vice President-Finance in 2000. In 2003, the title of Chief Financial Officer was added to Evans's title as Associate Administrative Vice President.
Financial Services oversaw awarding of scholarships which were awarded based on financial need and academic achievements. Scholarships ranged from one to four year renewable scholarship.
Financial Services has thirteen departments: Accounts Payable; Administrative Solutions; Asset Management; Budget Office; Endowments, Gifts & Restricted Accounting; General Accounting; Grants and Contracts Accounting; Payroll; Procurement, Purchasing & Payments; Student Financial Services; Tax Office; Travel Management; and Treasury Services.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5439
Financial Services annual reports
Financial Services administrative records
Financial Services records on the Jerusalem Center
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives