BYU Women records
BYU Women records
Contains scrapbooks and minute books that document the history of BYU Women. The scrapbooks include newsclippings, announcements, programs, newsletters, membership directories, photographs, minutes, invitations, reports, constitution and by-laws, and the correspondence of various presidents of the club.
- Extent: 11 boxes (5.5 linear ft.). -- 1 carton (1 linear ft.). -- 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 545
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection has been arranged into five series. 1. BYU Women (Club) papers, 1914-2004. 2. BYU Women (Club) personal histories and history records, 1914-1974. 3. BYU Women (Club) annual reports, 1971-1974. 4. BYU Women (Club) scrapbooks, 1955-2004. 5. BYU Women (Club) minutes, 1934-2005. The materials have been left in the original order in which they were found. This order appears to be grouped into like subjects.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the BYU Women records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 545; BYU Women records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 545, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Six boxes found in the University Archives Stacks and 1 carton donated by BYU Women (Club) in April 2005. An addendum is made each year.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; BYU Women (club); 2005. Donated; BYU Women (club); 2011.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA545.xml
- Subject Terms
- Clubs and Societies; Colleges and Universities; Education; Provo (Utah); Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Corporate minutes; Newsletters; Scrapbooks
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; April 2005. Processed; Kayla Jones; July 2011. Processed; Dani Peterson; April 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- BYU Women records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by J. Gordon Daines III and Kayla Jones
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-07-23T13:01-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
BYU Women is a club for women faculty and wives of faculty members at Brigham Young University that was established in 1914.
BYU Women was established in 1914 under the direction of President George H. Brimhall. The organization is for women who are faculty members of Brigham Young University or for the wives of Brigham Young University faculty members.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 545
BYU Women general files
BYU Women personal histories and history records
BYU Women annual reports
BYU Women scrapbooks
BYU Women minutes
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives