Harold B. Lee Library records
Harold B. Lee Library records
Contains annual reports, library publications, budget records, professional development reports, library systems manuals and information, and archive files of library instruction and information literacy of the Harold B. Lee Library from 1967-2007. Materials prepared by Marvin E. Wiggins and Kayla Willey.
- Extent: 25 cartons (25 linear ft.)
- Creator: Harold B. Lee Library. -- Wiggins, Marvin E., 1941. -- Willey, Kayla, 1955
- Call Number: UA 5452
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2032) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in three series. 1. Social Sciences/Education Department records, 1967-2007. 2. Harold B. Lee Library records on library instruction and information literacy, 1967-2007. 3. Harold B. Lee Library records on library information systems, 1987-1998. The materials are grouped by like subject.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Harold B. Lee Library records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5452; Harold B. Lee Library records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5452, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in April 2009. Transferred by Kayla Willey in 1998.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; April 2009. Transferred; Kayla Willey; 1998.
- Related Material
- See also Harold B. Lee Library records, 1954-1993 (UA 1242).
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Library orientation--Utah--Provo; Harold B. Lee Library; Harold B. Lee Library--Archives; Wiggins, Marvin E., 1941-; Willey, Kayla, 1955-
- Genre / Form
- Annual reports; Budgets; Manuals (Handbooks)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kayla Quinney; April 2009. Processed; Erin Owens; January 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Harold B. Lee Library records
- Finding Aid Author
- Kayla Quinney
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-09-09 15:43:38 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Harold B. Lee Library (1973- ) is the library on the campus of Brigham Young University, and is responsible for providing students and the community with valuable resources for research, media projects, and personal use.
The Harold B. Lee Library was aligned with Media Services under the Assistant Academic Vice President of Brigham Young University in 1973. In that same year, the J. Reuben Clark, Jr., Library was renamed the Harold B. Lee Library. Internally, the Harold B. Lee Library is managed by the library director, who is aided by an associate university librarian and assistant university librarians, who oversee divisions of the library. Directors have included Donald K. Nelson (1973-1980), Sterling J. Albrecht (1980-2002), Randy J. Olsen (2002-2009), Julene Butler (2010-2012), Scott Duvall (interim, 2012-2013), and Jennifer Paustenbaugh (2013- ). The library building was expanded in 1976 and 2000 and continues to provide students and faculty access to scholarly materials.
Kayla Willey (1955- ) was Harold B. Lee Library Automation Coordinator/Computer Applications Librarian from 1987 to 1995.
In 1987 Willey was called as the Computer Applications Librarian but then the title was later changed to Automation Coordinator. Later fom 1995 to 1997 she was called to be the Library Systems Education Coordinator in the department Library Information Systems. She also chaired YNET Advisory Committee from 1994 to 1995.
Marvin Wiggins (1941- ) was a librarian in Utah.
Marvin Wiggins was the general reference librarian at Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University. Marvin E. Wiggins began working at the Harold B. Lee Library in 1967. He served in many capacities within the Library, including pioneering library instruction and completing research for General Authorities and University presidents. He retired in 2007.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5452
Social Sciences/Education Department records
Harold B. Lee Library records on library instruction and information literacy
Harold B. Lee Library records on library information systems
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives