• Home
  • UA 546
  • College of Physical and Engineering Sciences records

College of Physical and Engineering Sciences records

College of Physical and Engineering Sciences records

Dates: 1954-1963

Includes various records of the College, and blueprints for the Eyring Science Center.

  • Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
  • Creator: Brigham Young University. College of Physical and Engineering Sciences
  • Call Number: UA 546
  • Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
  • Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 1988) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
Languages and Scripts
English
Conditions of Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from College of Physical and Engineering Sciences records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Preferred Citation
Initial citation: UA 546; College of Physical and Engineering Sciences records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 546, LTPSC.
Subject Terms
Education; Colleges and Universities; Brigham Young University. College of Physical and Engineering Sciences; Carl F. Eyring Science Center (Provo, Utah)
Genre / Form
Blueprints
Appraisal Information
Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Finding Aid ID Number
UPB_UA546
Finding Aid Title
College of Physical and Engineering Sciences records
Finding Aid Author
Rose Frank
Finding Aid Creator
This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2017-06-12 15:26:03 -0600.
Finding Aid Language
English
Biographical Info:

Administrative History

The College of Physical and Engineering Science (1954-1973) was established after the division of the College of Arts and Sciences.

The College of Physical and Engineering Sciences was established in 1954 by Ernest L. Wilkinson. Once housed in the College of Arts and Sciences, the new college was meant to focus on education and principles of physical science for students interested in engineering, industrial work, and research in various scientific fields. In 1973, Dallin H. Oaks changed the college to the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology.



comments powered by Disqus

Site Navigation

Search this Collection

Collection Arrangement

Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description

Print View

Help with this Collection

Ask us a Question

Cory Nimer
University Archivist - University Archives
cory_nimer@byu.edu