Missionary Training Center records
Missionary Training Center records
Collection of training materials, audio and video tapes documenting seminars for new mission presidents and other topics, correspondences, staff meeting minutes, research and statistics done on the Mission Training Center, and other records relating to the training of missionaries and mission presidents, and administrative practices at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. Also includes language training materials for over thirty languages. Dated from 1967 to 2010.
- Extent: 30 cartons (30 linear ft.)
- Creator: Missionary Training Center (Provo, Utah)
- Call Number: UA 5545
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in three series: 1. Language training materials, 1967-2006. 2. Research and Gospel training materials, 1967-2006. 3. Floor plans, 1990-2010.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Missionary Training Center records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 5545; Missionary Training Center records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citation: UA 5545, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Collected by the Missionary Training Center then transferred to Brigham Young University Records Management. Records Management transferred them to University Archives in 2010. Transferred from Records Management in November 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; March 2010. Transferred; Records Management; November 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Church Educational System; Missionaries--Training of; Provo (Utah); Missionary Training Center (Provo, Utah); Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions
- Genre / Form
- Designs and plans; Manuals (Handbooks); DVDs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth West; October 2010. Addendum processed; Erin Owens; November 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Missionary Training Center records
- Finding Aid Author
- Elizabeth West
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-08 14:37:35 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Missionary Training Center (1978- ) in Provo serves to train missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints before they depart to their specific assignments.
The Missionary Training Center began operation in 1978 to replace the Language Training Mission. The campus can house up to 4,000 missionaries at a time. Approximately fifty languages are taught at the MTC by staff composed mostly of returned missionaries.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5545
Missionary Training Center records on language training
Missionary Training Center research and Gospel training materials
Missionary Training Center floor plans
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives