B. F. Larsen collection
B. F. Larsen collection
Includes correspondence, news clippings, reports, minutes, policy statements, radio talks, articles, lecture notes, art samplings, catalog of slides, art notebooks, and poems. Also includes biographical material concerning Larsen and his wife, Martha Day Larsen.
- Extent: 13 cartons (13 linear ft.). -- 32 boxes (16 linear ft.). -- 2 oversize boxes (7.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Larsen, B. F. (Bent Franklin), 1882-1970
- Call Number: UA 556
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection is divided into only two series: 1. B.F. Larsen chronological correspondence and mementoes files, 1910-1967; and 2. B.F. Larsen collection addendum, 1929-1970.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the B. F. Larsen collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 556; B. F. Larsen collection; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: UA 556, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were transferred from the private collection of the donor.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; B.F. Larsen.
- Separated Material
- Cassette Tapes, "B.F. Larsen's Memories of his Father" 2 tapes Cassette Tape, "Geneva Day Larsen's Journal" 1 tape Transferred to UA OH 110
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA556.xml
- Related Material
- For oral reminiscences and photographs, see UA OH 110 and 111, and MSS 312. For Glass photo slide and photograph Collection B.F. Larsen see MSS 312 and register to this collection
- Subject Terms
- Larsen, Martha Geneva Day, 1885-; Art--Study and teaching--Utah--Provo; Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Art; Letters; Newspapers; Photographs; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; James Cloward and Elizabeth West.
- Appraisal Information
- University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Larsen (B. F.) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by James Cloward
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-11T16:58-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Bent Franklin Larsen was born in Monroe, Utah, on May 10, 1882. His parents were Bent R. and Lorena Washburn Larsen. He began his education in Monroe. He went on to graduate from Snow Academy and then received a B.A. degree from BYU in 1912. During that time he married Geneva Day in the Manti LDS temple. After he was married he resided in Springville. He received his master's degree from the University of Utah. He also attended the University of Chicago and spent two years studying in Europe. He was a highly noted artist in Utah and his work has been presented in exhibits all over the world. A large collection of his pieces is located in the collections of BYU. B.F. Larsen served in many art educational positions in Utah until he received his professorship and the chairmanship of the department at BYU. He served for fifty years at BYU until he was given Professor Emeritus status. During his life he had many great accomplishments including being a member of the American Water Color Society and he was a recipient of the David O. McKay Humanities Award and the Karl G. Maeser Distinguished Teachers Award. He also had an art exhibit displayed in Soloam at the Louvre in Paris, France.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 556
B. F. Larsen chronological correspondence and mementoes files
B. F. Larsen collection addendum
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives