L. Tom Perry Special Collections records
L. Tom Perry Special Collections records
Contains project records and chair records from the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. Included are materials documenting the department's use of archival content management systems, digital projects, websites, and video tutorials. Materials date from 1986 to 2015.
- Extent: 5 boxes (2.5 linear ft.). -- 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: L. Tom Perry Special Collections
- Call Number: UA 5589
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Donor restricted. Closed for 20 years after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in two series: 1. L. Tom Perry Special Collections project records, 2003-2015. 2. L. Tom Perry Special Collections Chair records, 1986-2011.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the L. Tom Perry Special Collections records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5589; L. Tom Perry Special Collections records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citation: UA 5589, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from within Special Collections in installments between 2009 and 2013. Found in the University Archives stacks in January 2015. Transferred from the Motion Picture Archives of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections by Mary-Celeste Ricks Lewis in February 2017.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Special Collections department assistant; September 2011. Transferred; L. Tom Perry Special Collections; October 2013. Found; University Archives stacks, January 2015. Transferred; Mary-Celeste Ricks Lewis; February 2017.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Archival materials--Digitization--Utah--Provo; Workflow management systems--Utah--Provo; L. Tom Perry Special Collections--Archives
- Genre / Form
- Agendas; Proposals; Letters; Notes; Memorandums
- Processing Information
- Processed; Olivia Serafin; 2011. Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; 2013. Addendum processed; Erin Owens; March 2015. Addendum processed; Eric Wolford; February 2016. Addendum processed; Eric Wolford; May 2017.
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections records
- Finding Aid Author
- Olivia Serafin
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2017-09-13 12:13:25 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The L. Tom Perry Special Collections (2000- ) is a special collections library and manuscripts/archival repository.
The Perry Special Collections was named in May 2000, and was previously known as the Department of Special Collections; Manuscripts. Aline and L. Sam Skaggs, through their ALSAM Foundation, made a generous financial donation to the new library and requested that the Special Collections be named after L. Tom Perry, an apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The department is responsible for collecting, preserving, and making available rare books, historical manuscripts, and university records. Department chairs have included Scott Duvall (1999-2002), P. Bradford Westwood (2002-2009), Russ Taylor (2009-2014), and J. Gordon Daines III (2014- ).
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5589
L. Tom Perry Special Collections project records
L. Tom Perry Special Collections chair records
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives