Intercollegiate Athletics annual reports
Intercollegiate Athletics annual reports
Collection contains the annual reports for Intercollegiate Athletics for 2010 to 2013, as well as a letter explaining the report. The report covers various sports of Brigham Young University, with articles highlighting athletes in the classroom, in the community, and in the mission field are also included. A general overview of each season is also presented, highlighting various athletes and awards to the sports programs. The report was written for donors and alumni of Brigham Young University to give updates and ask for donations for the student athlete scholarship programs and includes a written statement by the director of Intercollegiate Athletics at Brigham Young University.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Intercollegiate Athletics
- Call Number: UA 5590
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The original order of the collection has been maintained.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Athletics annual reports must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5590; Intercollegiate Athletics annual reports; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Folowing citation: UA 5590, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Intercollegiate Athletics between 2011 and 2012. Addendum received in 2013.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Intercollegiate Athletics; 2011. Transferred; Intercollegiate Athletics; 2012. Transferred; Intercollegiate Athletics; 2013.
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Intercollegiate Athletics; College athletes--Utah--Provo; Colleges and Universities; Education; Social Life and Customs; Sports and Recreation
- Genre / Form
- Annual reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Dani Peterson; October 2011. Processed; Joshua Barton; November 2012. Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; September 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Intercollegiate Athletics annual reports
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Dani Peterson, Joshua Barton, J. Gordon Daines III
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:32-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Intercollegiate Athletics functions to coordinate and maintain Brigham Young University's athletic programs.
Intercollegiate Athletics was established in 1955 as part of the College of Recreation, Physical and Health Education, and Athletics. In 1960, Athletics was made part of the College of Physical Education. In 1975, it was incorporated into the overall structure of Brigham Young University. Administrative heads have included: Edwin R. Kimball (1957-1964), Floyd Millett (1964-1972), Stan Watts (1972-1975), Glen C. Tuckett (1975-1993), Clayne R. Jensen (1993), Rondo Fehlberg (1996-2000), Val Hale (2000-2005), and Thomas Holmoe (2005- ). Athletics is responsible for maintaining Brigham Young University's participation within its respective conferences as well as the National Collegiate Athletic Association. As an educative body, it is dedicated to the development of vital individual traits such as respect for authority and discipline, ability to direct and lead, understanding in social and moral aspects, ability for self-discipline, capacity to think and act under stress, and perseverance in overcoming barriers. The teams sponsored by Athletics include football, basketball, swimming, tennis, golf, and track.
comments powered by Disqus