Chapter 5 records
Chapter 5 records
Dates: circa 1940-1983
Contains records of Chapter 5 of the Alice Louise Reynolds Clubs including minutes, correspondence, financial records, programs, membership lists, and event materials. Also contains the constitution of the club and of Chapter 5 specifically. Includes various tributes to members and records on the executive officers. Records on the creation of the Alice Louise Reynolds Memorial Room in the library at BYU as well as an autobiography and a copy of a tribute given at her funeral services in 1938 are included. Contains records of various events including spring luncheons and lecture series, circa 1940-1983.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.4 linear ft.)
- Creator: Alice Louise Reynolds Club. Chapter 5
- Call Number: UA 5599
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Original order maintained.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.Permission to publish material from Chapter 5 records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 5599; Chapter 5 records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citation: UA 5599, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from the Harold B. Lee Library in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Harold B. Lee Library; 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Alice Louise Reynolds Club. Chapter 5--Archives; Colleges and Universities; Education; Women--Utah--Provo--Societies and clubs--History
- Genre / Form
- Constitutions; Corporate minutes; Financial records; Membership lists; Programs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Dani Peterson; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Chapter 5 records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Dani Peterson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-04-25T11:57-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Chapter 5 of the Alice Louise Reynolds Clubs (1932- ) was a Provo, Utah chapter of a women's club created to honor Alice Louise Reynolds.
The central Alice Louise Reynolds Club was created in 1933. The original constitution was presented in September of 1933 and adopted Feb. 6, 1937. The constitution established by-laws, the executive structure, officer duties, and membership dues. The purpose of the club was stated in the constitution as to "honor Miss Reynolds, to further ideals for which she stood, to participate in cultural activities, and to maintain and develop friendships through study and social contacts." The Executive Committee was composed of a President, Vice-President, and Secretary-Treasurer. At its peak sixteen chapters of the club existed-- 14 along the Wasatch Front, a Hurricane, St. George chapter, as well as chapter in New York City.
Chapter 5 of the Alice Louise Reynolds Clubs was centered in Provo and created to uphold the ideals enumerated by the Central Committee. The constitution of the chapter stated that membership would be held at about 25, and dues were established at $1.75. Chapter offices included President, Vice-President, Secretary-Treasurer, and program committee.
comments powered by Disqus