Learning Resource Center annual reports
Learning Resource Center annual reports
Contains collected annual reports for the Library Learning Resource Division, Educational Media Services, and Harold B. Lee Library from 1970-1990.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Harold B. Lee Library. Learning Resource Center
- Call Number: UA 5609
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2015) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection was left in its original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Learning Resource Center annual reports must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5609; Learning Resource Center annual reports; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5609, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in June 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; June 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Annual reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Stephanie Laabs; June 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- University records (University Archives Collecting Policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Learning Resource Center annual reports
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Stephanie Laabs
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-08-29T14:02-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script
- Biographical Info:
Electronic Media Services served campus was responsible for electronic media to be used in the classroom from 1973-1976, when it was incorporated into the Learning Resources Division.
Electronic Media Services served campus by scheduling, delivering, operating, and maintaining electronic media for use in the classroom to enhance education. It was transferred to the library's control from the Division of Instructional Services. J. Sterling Astin was appointed department head in 1973. In 1976, the department's functions were incorporated into the functions of the departments in the Learning Resources Division.
The Learning Resource Centers department existed to coordinate the efforts of LRCs across campus to provide educational material to students from 1973-1978, after which it was transferred to the McKay institute.
The Learning Resource Centers department existed to coordinate the efforts of LRCs across campus to provide out-of-class, non-print, educational material to students from 1973-1978. The first department chair was Ted C. Hindmarsh from 1973-1976. He was promoted to division head in 1976 and Sam Burggraaf replaced him as chair. The Learing Resource Centers department reported to the Library Director until 1976, when the department was made a part of the Library Learning Resources Division upon its creation. In 1978, control of all LRCs was transferred to the McKay institute.
The Harold B. Lee Library, founded 1973, is the library on the campus of Brigham Young University, and is responsible for providing students and the community with valuable resources for research, media projects, and personal use.
The Harold B. Lee Library was aligned with Media Services under the Assistant Academic Vice President of Brigham Young University in 1973. In that same year, the J. Reuben Clark, Jr., Library was renamed the Harold B. Lee Library. Internally, the Harold B. Lee Library is managed by the library director, who is aided by an associate university librarian and assistant university librarians, who oversee divisions of the library. Donald K. Nelson continued as Library Director from 1973 to 1980; Sterling J. Albrecht served as director from 1980 to 2002; Randy J. Olsen served as director from 2002 to 2009, and Julene Butler became library director January 1, 2010. The library building was expanded in 1976 and 2000 and continues to provide students and faculty access to scholarly materials.
comments powered by Disqus