John O. Christensen papers
John O. Christensen papers
Contains reports, statistics, correspondence, and minutes of various committees relating to the Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University. Materials date from 1973 to 2010.
- Extent: 3 cartons (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Christensen, John O.
- Call Number: UA 5660
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into five series: 1. Papers on physical storage. 2. Correspondence on the integrated library system. 3. Administrative papers. 4. Papers on collection development. 5. Papers on subjects and serials.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John O. Christensen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5660; John O. Christensen papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citation: UA 5660, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by John O. Christensen in January 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; John O. Christensen; January 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education; Libraries--Utah--Provo; Library administration--Utah--Provo
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Letters; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Sarah Markle; February 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Christensen (John O.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Sarah Markle
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:32-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
John O. Christensen (born 1949) was a Mormon librarian in Utah.
John O. Christensen was born August 8, 1949 in Portland, Oregon to Thomas Hartman Christensen and Helen Louise Mangelson and was raised in Seattle, Washington from age four. He went to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York from 1967-1969. He served a mission to the Brasil North Mission from 1969-71. He finished his B.S. in Math at the University of Washington in 1973. He got an M.L.S. at BYU in 1975, and then worked as the librarian at Utah Technical College in Salt Lake from May 1975 to January 1981. Christensen then received a position at Brigham Young University's library and worked as the General Reference Librarian from January 1981 to summer 1986, after which he was the Science Librarian from 1986 to January 2014, when he retired from the university.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5660
John O. Christensen papers on physical storage
John O. Christensen correspondence on the integrated library system
John O. Christensen administrative papers
John O. Christensen papers on collection development
John O. Christensen papers on subject specialists and serials
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives