Jane Thompson papers
Jane Thompson papers
Contains photos, clippings, awards, scrapbook materials, notes and other papers from Jane Thompson. Materials relate to the personal life of Jane Thompson and the Brigham Young University performing groups that she was involved with. Dates range from 1941 to 2013.
- Extent: 2 items (3 linear ft.). -- 22 cartons (22 linear ft.). -- 4 oversize boxes (6.5 linear ft.). -- 11 boxes (5.5 linear ft.). -- 1 oversize folder (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Thompson, Jane, 1921-2013
- Call Number: UA 5663
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in eleven series: 1. Jane Thompson awards and gifts, 1961-2010. 2. Jane Thompson audio and video materials, 1960-2006. 3. Jane Thompson scrapbooks, 1942-2012. 4. Jane Thompson books, 1941-2013. 5. Jane Thompson sheet music, 1953-2010. 6. Jane Thompson clippings and articles, 1965-2012. 7. Jane Thompson correspondence, 1945-2013. 8. Jane Thompson papers on Brigham Young University performing groups, 1953-2009. 9. Jane Thompson personal papers, 1943-2013. 10. Jane Thompson photographs, 1947-2012. 11. Jane Thompson negatives, 1947-2012.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish from Jane Thompson papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5663; Jane Thompson papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citation: UA 5663, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were left to Bonnie Lee by Jane Thompson. Bonnie Lee donated the materials to the repository in January 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Bonnie Lee; January 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Lamanite Generation (Musical group); Thompson, Jane, 1921-2013--Archives; Young Ambassadors (Musical group); Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Colleges and Universities; Education; Performing Arts
- Genre / Form
- Audiotapes; Awards; Letters; Scrapbooks; Video recordings
- Processing Information
- Processed; Joseph Wiest; April 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Thompson (Jane) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Joseph Wiest
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-27T04:33-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Jane Thompson (1921-2013) was a performer, Brigham Young University alumni, and head of various Brigham Young University performing groups.
Jane Thompson grew up in Malta, Idaho. In 1943, Thompson graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in music. After graduating from Brigham Young University, Jane Thompson toured Europe and performed for soldiers during World War II as part of the Civilian Actors Technician Service. Thompson returned to the United States in 1947. From 1950 to 1952 Jane served a Latter-day Saint mission in Wales.
In 1952, Jane Thompson began her career at Brigham Young University. Thompson took over as the head of the Student Program Bureau, later known as Young Ambassadors. In 1956, Jane left Brigham Young University to be a talent coach in a professional talent studio in New York. After only three years, Jane returned to Brigham Young University. During her time at Brigham Young University, Thompson created and directed many performing groups and shows. Jane also organized performances for various groups of United States servicemen.
Thompson retired from Brigham Young University in 1984. Jane Thompson received many awards for her service while at Brigham Young University. Jane Thompson passed away on June 1, 2013.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5663
Jane Thompson awards and gifts
Jane Thompson audio and video materials
Jane Thompson scrapbooks
Jane Thompson books
Jane Thompson sheet music
Jane Thompson clippings and articles
Jane Thompson correspondence
Jane Thompson papers on Brigham Young University performing groups
Jane Thompson personal papers
Jane Thompson photographs
Jane Thompson negatives
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives