Digital Initiatives project records
Digital Initiatives project records
Contains digital images of archival and manuscript materials associated with scanning projects conducted by Digital Initiatives. Scanned materials date from between 1531 and 2011.
- Extent: 8 boxes (4 linear ft.)
- Creator: Harold B. Lee Library. Digital Initiatives
- Call Number: UA 5665
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2036) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Digital Initiatives project records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5665; Digital Initiatives project records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citation: UA 5665, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Digital Initiatives in installments in 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Digital Initiatives; March 2014. Transferred; Digital Initiatives; September 2014. Transferred; Digital Initiatives; September 2014. Transferred; Digital Initiatives; August 2014. Transferred; Digital Initiatives; October 2014. Transferred; Digital Initiatives; December 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Archival materials--Digitization--Utah--Provo; Harold B. Lee Library. Digital Initiatives
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Sarah Markle; March 2014. Processed; Hannah Waddel; September 2014. Processed; Hannah Waddel; September 2014. Processed; Hannah Waddel; December 2014. Processed; Hannah Waddel; February 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Digital Initiatives project records
- Finding Aid Author
- Sarah Markle
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-09-09 15:41:59 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Biographical / Historical
Digital Initiatives is a division of the Harold B. Lee Library Cataloging Department that specializes in the conversion of academic resources into digital collections. Established in 1996, the Digital Initiatives team was originally called "Digital Imaging" and had only one part-time member, Scott Eldredge. When Digital Imaging became the Digital Initiatives Department, Scott Eldredge and two others - Jerry Jump and Brandon MacArthur - were taken on full-time. The development of the Digital Initiatives project can be largely attributed to Robert J. Espinosa, a Digital Imaging specialist who acquired the necessary funding for the project. Though the department has been relocated several times, it currently resides under the Special Collections Department of the Harold B. Lee Library.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Box/box in UA 5665
box 1 box 2 box 3 disk 1-106
Brigham Young University photographs and negatives
Dates: approximately 1876-1996
box 3 disk 107-110
Joseph C. Nelson photographs of Brigham Young University
Dates: approximately 1920-1929
box 3 disk 111-116
School of Music programs
box 3 disk 117-126
Benjamin Cluff diaries
box 3 disk 127-129 box 8 disk 1-5
Ephraim Hatch collection on Brigham Young University campus development
box 3 disk 130-131
William Wines Phelps papers
box 3 disk 132-144
Brigham Smoot family papers
Sfondrati family letters
box 5 box 6
Collection of Brigham Young University athletics photographs
Brigham Young University photographs of campus buildings
box 8 disk 6-16
Kane family photographs and albums
Dates: approximately 1830-1920
box 8 disk 17-22
Topham family collection of Benson and Smith missionary journals
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives