Richard D. Hacken papers
Richard D. Hacken papers
Contains reports, assessments, newsletters, and publications relating to Richard Hacken's career as the European Studies Librarian for the Harold B. Lee Library. Dated 1979-2012.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hacken, Richard D.
- Call Number: UA 5705
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into four series: 1. Richard Hacken publications, 2006-2011. 2. Friends of the Library newsletters, 1995-2012. 3. Richard Hacken administrative files, 1985-2009. 4. Richard Hacken collection assessments, 1979-1988.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Richard Hacken papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5705; Richard Hacken papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5705, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Richard Hacken in October 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Richard Hacken; October 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Librarians; Hacken, Richard D.; Harold B. Lee Library
- Genre / Form
- Publications; Newsletters
- Processing Information
- Processed; Hannah Waddel; October 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- University records (University Archives Collecting Policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hacken (Richard D.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Hannah Waddel
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-06-02 11:52:03 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Richard D. Hacken (1945-) was the European Studies librarian for the Harold B. Lee Library.
Richards D. Hacken received a BA degree in German from BYU in 1969, M.A. (1971) and Ph.D. degrees (1975) from University of California, Davis, and a Masters in Library Science from BYU in 1990. After teaching German at Oregon State University and the University of Kansas, he became the European Studies Bibliographer in the Harold B. Lee Library in 1981, where he served over 30 years.
In addition to his library work, he published in areas of German literature, European history and culture, and library history and technology. He was the founding webmaster of the history portal, EuroDocs, and of the World War I Document Archive.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 5705
Richard Hacken publications
Friends of the Library newsletters
Richard Hacken administrative files
Richard Hacken collection assessments
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives