Alumni Association electronic photograph album
Alumni Association electronic photograph album
Materials contain a slideshow CD photograph album of past Alumni Board members. It was created by the Brigham Young University Alumni Board of Directors. Dated 2012.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Alumni Association
- Call Number: UA 5708
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Technical Requirements
- System requirements: Microsoft Windows; PowerPoint Viewer.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Alumni Association electronic photograph album must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5708; Alumni Association electronic photograph album; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5708, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from the Alumni Association in December 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Alumni Association; December 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Universities and colleges--Alumni and alumnae--Utah--Provo; Brigham Young University. Alumni Association
- Genre / Form
- Photograph albums; Compact discs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Erin Owens; December 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- University records (University Archives Collecting Policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Alumni Association electronic photograph album
- Finding Aid Author
- Erin Owens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-10 15:26:56 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Brigham Young University Alumni Association (est. 1903) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the welfare of university and generating interest in the university among its alumni.
The Alumni Association was established in 1903 in a reorganization of the Brigham Young Academy Alumni Association, which had existed since 1893. During the years 1926-1938, it was generally known as the Associated Alumni of Brigham Young University. It has been an active member organization in the American Alumni Council since 1926. In 2009, the Alumni Association gave up its governing and fiduciary responsibilities and became an advisory body to the department of Alumni Relations.
The Alumni Association is headed by the executive committee of a board. Beginning in 1956, the governing body of the Alumni Association was the Alumni Council, an advisory committee composed of representatives from each stake and mission in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as well as ex officio members from various departments and divisions of Brigham Young University. Also included in the board are chapter and other directors acting under the direction of the executive committee. The Association is a volunteer organization closely associated with the Department of Alumni Relations. Beginning in 2009 the board reports directly to the university president.
Presidents of the organization have included Joseph R. Murdock (1903-1904), Anthony C. Lund (1904-1905), Stephen L. Chipman (1905-1906), J. Will Knight (1906-1907), William E. Rydalch (1907-1908), Heber C. Jex (1908-1909), W. Lester Mangum (1909-1910), William E. Ryalen (1910-1911), Joseph B. Keller (1911-1912), Thomas N. Taylor (1912-1913), Edward H. Holt (1913-1915), Arthur Candland (1915-1916), R. Eugene Allen (1916-1919), Eugene L. Roberts (1919-1920), Henry Aldous Dixon (1920-1921), Herald R. Clark (1921-1922), Horace G. Merrill (1922-1923), Hugh M. Woodward (1923-1924), Edwin S. Hinckley (1924-1925), Oscar A. Kirkham (1925-1927), Richard R. Lyman (1927-1930), R. Leo Bird (1930-1933), Isaac E. Brockbank (1933-1935), Fred R. Hinckley (1935-1936), Earl J. Glade (1936-1938), Lynn S. Richards (1938-1938), J. Clifton Moffitt (1938-1939), Junius M. Jackson (1939-1940), Bryant S. Hinckley (1940-1941), George Albert Smith (1941-1942), Marion J. Greenwood (1942-1944), Don B. Colton (1944-1945), L. Weston Oaks (1945-1946), Harold R. Clark (1946-1947), Clyde D. Sandgren (1947-1951), Roy Broadbent (1951-1952), Wallace W. Brockbank (1952-1953), Raymond B. Holbrook (1953-1955), S. Lynn Richards (1955-1956), Grant Thorn (1956-1957), G. Robert Ruff (1957-1959), Clyde J. Summerhays (1957-1959), DaCosta Clark (1960-1961), E. Lamar Buckner (1961-1962), Sanford M. Bingham (1962-1963), Arch L. Madsen (1963-1964), Phillip V. Christensen (1964-1965), Harold H. Smith (1965-1967), William Sorensen (1967-1968), Howard C. Maycock (1968-1969), Ernest Ludlow Wilkinson (1969-1971), Don Alder (1971-1972), Fred L. Markham (1972-1973), Albert Choules, Jr. (1973-1974), Roy E. Christensen (1974-1975), Harold P. Christensen (1975-1976), Dr. John Zenger (1977-1978), Robert Thorn (1978-1979), Gloria Firmage (1979-1980), Howard Edwards (1980-1981), Nancy Rooker (1981-1982), John Stohlton (1982-1983), Paul Eckel (1983-1984), Kieth Merrill (1984-1985), Anna Marie Hales (1985-1986), David K. Udall (1986-1987), Steven R. Shallenberger (1987-1988), Richard Galbraith (1988-1989), Joan Peterson Fisher (1989-1990), David P. Forsyth (1990-1991), W. Kenneth Thiess (1991-1992), Dr. E. Bruce McIff (1992-1993), Dr. Glenna Cooper Boyce (1993-1995), Tom Hart (1995-1997), Paul E. Gilbert (1997-1999), Diana Peterson (1999-2000), Russell Booth (2000-2002), Brent Romney (2002-2004), Carr Krueger II (2004-2006), J. Craig McIlroy (2006-2008), Bruce Olsen (2008-2008), Dee T. Allsop (2008-2010), and Chris Feinauer (2010-).
comments powered by Disqus