Board of Trustees records
Board of Trustees records
This collection contains the minutes from meetings of the Brigham Young University Board of Trustees. The minutes deal with the administration of Brigham Young University. They include information on faculty, finances, students, athletics, and other matters.
- Extent: 19 boxes (9.5 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 6
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Approval of the University President or his appointee required if the minutes are less than 50 years old. Minutes over 50 years old may be accessed after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Board of Trustees records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 6; Board of Trustees records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 6, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA6.xml
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young Academy. Board of Trustees; Brigham Young Academy--Administration; Colleges and Universities; Education; Universities and colleges--Utah--Provo--Administration
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Board of Trustees records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jennifer Kim
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-24T04:27-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Brigham Young University was established in 1875 as Brigham Young Academy. It has since grown into one of the largest private institutions of higher education in the United States. The Board of Trustees for Brigham Young University is the governing body for that institution. The university president reports directly to it, and it decides many matters regarding university policy. The board started operation with the founding of the university in 1875.
comments powered by Disqus