Associate Academic Vice-Presidential records
Associate Academic Vice-Presidential records
This collection contains the correspondence of Neal E. Lambert. It also contains information on various academic departments at Brigham Young University.
- Extent: 7 boxes (3.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lambert, Neal E., 1934
- Call Number: UA 655
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 50 years following the end of the President's administration and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection is divided into three series: 1. Neal E. Lambert Associate Academic Vice-Presidential correspondence, 1973-1984; 2. Neal E. Lambert Associate Academic Vice-Presidential academic departments and adjuncts materials, 1980-1984; and 3. Neal E. Lambert Associate Academic Vice-Presidential miscellaneous, 1976-1984.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Neal E. Lambert Associate Academic Vice-Presidential records must be obtained from the Permissions & Licensing Office of the University and the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 655; Associate Academic Vice-Presidential records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: UA 655, LTSPC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were transferred from Records Management.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA655.xml
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. College of Family, Home and Social Sciences; Brigham Young University. Department of Biology and Agriculture; Brigham Young University. Department of Engineering; David O. McKay Institute; Lambert, Neal E., 1934---Correspondence; Colleges and Universities; Education; Education, Higher--Utah--Provo
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; 1992 (reformatted 2002).
- Appraisal Information
- University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Associate Academic Vice-Presidential records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Processed under the direction of the University Archivist
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-31T14:37-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
The office of Academic Vice President at Brigham Young University was established around 1966. The position is responsible for administering university faculty, undergraduate studies, and research and graduate studies.
The position of Academic Vice president was established around 1966, though these functions had been established earlier. When Earl C. Crockett was appointed vice president in charge of finance and business administration in 1957, he was also given responsibility for the academic program at the university (except religion). Aside from his service as acting university president in 1964, Crockett operated in this position until his retirement in 1968. The office of Academic Vice President is responsible for undergraduate and graduate studies and research at the university, and has previously also included responsibilities for international studies, academic support, and computing. Between 1981 and 1989 the position was known as Provost and Academic Vice President, but in 1989 the position was split to allow the appointment of an independent provost. Academic Vice Presidents have included Crockett (1966-1968), Robert K. Thomas (1968-1980), Jae R. Ballif (1980-1989), Stan L. Albrecht (1989-1992), Todd A. Britsch (1992-1996), Alan L. Wilkins (1996-2004), John S. Tanner (2004-2011), and Brent W. Webb (2011- ).
Neal E. Lambert (born 1934) was an English professor and university administrator in Utah.
Lambert held the position of Associate Academic Vice-President from 1982-1985. His major responsibilities were in the fields of research and graduate work. In 1989, Dr. Lambert went on leave, when he was called to preside over the Raleigh-North Carolina Mission. In 1989, he returned to the University as a professor of English, and later Chair of the English Department.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 655
Neal E. Lambert Associate Academic Vice-Presidential correspondence
Neal E. Lambert Associate Academic Vice-Presidential academic departments and adjuncts materials
Neal E. Lambert Associate Academic Vice-Presidential miscellaneous
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives