Department of Art chair records
Department of Art chair records
Contains correspondence of the Dean, Chair, and faculty meeting minutes. Also administrative records concerning curriculum, Mormon Arts Festival, part-time faculty, faculty advancement, and other items and issues.
- Extent: 8 boxes (4 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 662
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted access. Permission required from the University Archivist.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection consists of six series: 1. Art Department correspondence, 1967-1981; 2. Art Department minutes, 1955-1980; 3. Art Department general files, 1960-1981; 4. Art Department faculty files, 1970-1979; 5. Art Department individual faculty files, 1967-1980; and 6. Art Department part-time faculty files, 1957-1980.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Department of Art chair records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 662; Department of Art chair records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: UA 662, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were transferred from the private collection of the donor.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Department of Art.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA662.xml
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Files (Records); Letters
- Processing Information
- Processed; James J. Dooley; 2002.
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Department of Art chair records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by James J. Dooley
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-18T11:39-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
The Department of Art was organized in 1906 with Elbert H. Eastmond as the first chairman. Succeeding chairs have been Bent F. Larson, Conan Mathews, J. Roman Andrus, Richard L. Gunn, Glen A. Turner, and Floyd E. Breinholt. In 1972, most of the programs of the former Department of Environmental Design were transferred to the Department of Art and its name was changed to the Department of Art and Design. W. Douglas Stout was the first chair and was succeeded by Robert L. Marshall. In 1981 the department was divided into the Department of Design with W. Douglas Stout as chair. Both men remain chairs of their respective departments.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 662
Department of Art correspondence
Department of Art minutes
Department of Art general files
Department of Art faculty files
Department of Art individual faculty files
Department of Art part-time faculty
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives