Eliot Butler papers
Eliot Butler papers
Files divided into colleges, correspondence, Deans' Council minutes, visiting scholars, and other subject headings of Eliot Butler, Associate Academic Vice President at Brigham Young University, 1980-1989.
- Extent: 15 boxes (7.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Butler, Eliot A.
- Call Number: UA 677
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Collection closed to public research. Contains some restricted student files. Consult University Archivist for details.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in 3 series: 1. Eliot Butler correspondence, 1974-1987 2. Eliot Butler minutes, 1973-1987 3. Eliot Butler general files, 1979-1989
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Eliot Butler collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 677; Eliot Butler papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations:UA 677, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from the Department of Anthropology.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Department of Anthropology.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA677.xml
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Files (Records); Letters; Memorandums; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Jim Dooley; 1993.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Butler (Eliot) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jim Dooley
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:52-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Eliot Butler was an Associate Academic Vice-President from July 1980 to August 1989. His duties included supervision of colleges and individual academic departments. Upon release, he returned to the Department of Chemistry. Dr. Butler was chairman of the Chemistry Department from 1974-1977, when he became acting Dean of the College until 1980.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 677
Eliot Butler correspondence
Eliot Butler minutes
Eliot Butler general files
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives