Department of History records
Department of History records
Contains faculty load reports, some correspondence about faculty, department correspondence and minutes, and other records.
- Extent: 5 boxes (2.5 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 680
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years after the creation of the records (2004) and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in two series: 1. Faculty reports. 2. General files.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Department of History records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 680; Department of History records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: UA 680, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred by the History Department.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; History Department.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA680.xml
- Related Material
- See also Department of History records (UA 1113).
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Conference proceedings; Education; Files (Records)
- Genre / Form
- Business records; Letters; Notes; Printed ephemera; Research (Document genres)
- Processing Information
- Processed; 2002.
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Department of History records
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-18T11:34-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
The Department of History is an instructional unit at Brigham Young University.
The Department of History was established in 1921 as part of the College of Arts and Sciences, and was later transferred to College of Humanities and Social Sciences (1954), the College of Social Sciences (1965), and College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences (1981). It is responsible for providing instruction in history, including American and world history topics. Department chairs have included Christen Jensen (1921-1923, 1929-1948), William Snow (1924-1928), Russel B. Swensen (1949-1955), Richard D. Poll (1955-1958), Eugene E. Campbell (1958-1959, 1960-1968), De Lamar Jensen (1968-1973), Ted J. Warner (1973-1982), James B. Allen (1982-1987), Paul B. Pixton (1987-1994), Kendall W. Brown (1994-2000), Frank W. Fox (2000-2003), Neil L. York (2003-2006), Arnold H. Green (2006-2008), Shawn W. Miller (2008-2010), and Donald Harreld (2010- ).
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 680
Department of History faculty reports
Department of History general files
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives