Jae R. Ballif records
Jae R. Ballif records
Includes correspondence, minutes and general administrative files from Ballif acting as both Administrative vice-President, and Provost.
- Extent: 37 boxes (18.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Ballif, Jae R., 1931
- Call Number: UA 681
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted for 50 years following the end of the President's administration.
- Languages and Scripts
- This collection is arranged in 3 series: 1. Jae R. Ballif correspondence, 1979-1989; 2. Jae R. Ballif minutes, 1981-1989; and 3. Jae R. Ballif general files, 1975-1988.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Jae R. Ballif records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 681; Jae R. Ballif records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: UA 681, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Brigham Young University Administration.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Brigham Young University Administration.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA681.xml
- Subject Terms
- Ballif, Jae R., 1931-; Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Awards; Business records; Corporate minutes; Files (Records); Letters; Memorandums
- Processing Information
- Processed; 2002.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Ballif (Jae R.) records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Brigham Young University Harold B. Lee Library Special Collections Department
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-09T17:58-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
In 1979, Jae Ballif was appointed as Administrative Vice-President to President Oaks. In 1980, when Jeffrey Holland became President of Brigham Young University, Ballif was appointed to the newly created office of Provost, an administrative office second only to the office of President. Dr. Ballif held the office of Provost until 1989, when President Holland was called into the First Quorum of Seventy. At that time, Dr. Ballif returned to teaching in the Department of Physics and Astronomy. Before 1979, Dr. Ballif was Dean of the College of Science, and was thereafter called as Mission President to New England.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 681
Jae R. Ballif correspondence
Jae R. Ballif minutes
Jae R. Ballif general files
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives