K. Haybron Adams papers
K. Haybron Adams papers
Dates: 1884 February 10, 1973-2001
Contains Adams's professional files related to Special Collections and General Collections, including newsletters, research, correspondence, committee information, and budget information from 1976-2001.
- Extent: 30 boxes (13 linear ft.)
- Creator: Adams, K. Haybron (Kenneth Haybron), 1939
- Call Number: UA 693
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2026) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in four series: 1. K. Haybron Adams financial records, meeting minutes, and reports, 1884-2000. 2. K. Haybron Adams correspondence, 1977-2001. 3. K. Haybron Adams newsletters, memorandums, and other material, 1973-1997. 4. K. Haybron Adams research records, 1974-2001.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the K. Haybron Adams papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 693; K. Haybron Adams papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 693, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Found in the University Stacks, August 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Found; University Archivist; August 2007.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Adams, K. Haybron (Kenneth Haybron), 1939-; Harold B. Lee Library--History; Adams, K. Haybron (Kenneth Haybron), 1939---Archives
- Genre / Form
- Research (Document genres); Letters
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kayla Quinney; May 2009. Processed; Audra Coleman; September 2015. Processed; Sadie Julian; February 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Adams (K. Haybron) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Kayla Quinney
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-03-03 16:17:07 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
K. Haybron Adams (born 1939) is a former librarian in Utah.
Kenneth Haybron Adams worked as a librarian in the Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University starting in 1976. Born in Ohio, Adams also spent part of his youth in Colorado. He retired from the BYU Library system in 2003 after thirty-six years of service. Author of books on Ohio, Mr. Adams has also taught genealogical classes, spoken at conferences, and previously served as president of the Utah County Genealogical Society.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 693
K. Haybron Adams financial records, meeting minutes, and reports
Dates: 1884 February 10----1972-2000----1975-1993
K. Haybron Adams correspondence
K. Haybron Adams newsletters, memorandums, and other material
K. Haybron Adams research records
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives