Athletic Media Relations records on football
Athletic Media Relations records on football
Contains materials related to media coverage of the Brigham Young University football team, including media guides, player files, bowl and game files, and photographs. Materials dated 1946-2012.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.). -- 38 cartons (38 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Athletic Media Relations
- Call Number: UA 769
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2037) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in six series: 1. Athletic Media Relations media guides, 1946-2009. 2. Athletic Media Relations player records, approximately 1950-2009. 3. Player photographs, approximately 1960-1980. 4. Athletic Media Relations Subject files, 1946-2012. 5. Athletic Media Relations bowl records, 1974-2002. 6. Athletic Media Relations football team season-based records, 1960-2012.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Athletic Media Relations records on football must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 769; Athletic Media Relations records on football; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 769, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred to the archives by Amy Eddington, Athletic Media Relations, 1998 July. Additional materials transferred by Jenny Wheeler in 2015 and 2016.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Amy Eddington, Athletic Media Relations; 1998. Transferred; Jenny Wheeler; 2015. Transferred; Jenny Wheeler; 2016.
- Other Finding Aids
- Inventory available in case file.
- Subject Terms
- Sports and Recreation; Social Life and Customs; Colleges and Universities; College sports--Utah--Provo; Education; Brigham Young University--Sports--Pictorial works; Brigham Young University--Football--Pictorial works; Brigham Young University. Athletic Media Relations
- Genre / Form
- Photographs; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Files (Records)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Jennifer Kim, student manuscript processor; 2011. Processed; Clarissa McIntire, student manuscript processor; 2016. Processed; Sadie Julian; 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Campus activities (University Archives collection Development Policy, August 2015) .
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Athletic Media Relations records on football
- Finding Aid Author
- Jennifer Kim
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2017-06-01 09:55:03 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Brigham Young University (1903- ) is a university sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Provo, Utah.
Brigham Young University was established in 1903 in a renaming of Brigham Young Academy. Past and present Brigham Young University presidents include George H. Brimhall (1903-1921), Franklin S. Harris (1921-1945), Howard S. McDonald (1945-1949), (acting president) Christian Jensen (1949-1951), Ernest L. Wilkinson (1951-1971), Dallin H. Oaks (1971-1980), Jeffrey R. Holland (1980-1989), Rex E. Lee (1989-1995), Merrill J. Bateman (1996-2003), Cecil O. Samuelson (2003-2014), and Kevin J. Worthen (2014- ). Brigham Young University is owned and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as part of the Church Educational System (CES). The university is governed by a Board of Trustees, which, since 1939, has consisted of the First Presidency of the Church as well as other General Authorities or general officers of the Church appointed by the First Presidency. The Board of Trustees provides general direction and oversees the formulation of broad policies as well as the approval of all executive leadership and faculty appointments at the university. The Board of Trustees delegates to the University President the responsibility to conduct the operations of the institution and administer the policies enacted by the board. The President serves as the chief executive officer and general manager of the University. Since 1996, the President of the university has also been a General Authority of the Church. Brigham Young University has grown from a small academy to one of the world's largest private universities. Sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU offers a unique educational environment that promotes learning by study and also by faith.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 769
Athletic Media Relations media guides
Athletic Media Relations player records
Dates: approximately 1950-2009
Athletic Media Relations player photographs
Dates: approximately 1960-1980
Athletic Media Relations subject files
Athletic Media Relations bowl game records
Athletic Media Relations football team season-based records
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives