Harold I. Hansen papers
Harold I. Hansen papers
Collection includes photocopy of newspaper clippings and reports of Brigham Young University's presentation of "Blithe Spirit," with joint sponsorship of the USO and the American Educational Theatre. Also includes clippings of a seven week tour to Japan and Korea, 1959-1960 and several awards and recognitions presented to Hansen between 1965 and 1989. There are also several awards and recognitions given to Hansen in the collection.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.). -- 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hansen, Harold I., 1914-1992
- Call Number: UA 78
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The original order of the collection has been maintained.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Harold I. Hansen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 78; Harold I. Hansen papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 78, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from the Department of Theatre and Media Arts in July 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Department of Theatre and Media Arts; July 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Hansen, Harold I., 1914-1992--Archives; Colleges and Universities; Education; Theater--Production and direction--Utah--Provo
- Genre / Form
- Awards; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Processing Information
- Processed; 2011. Addendum processed; Allyson Austin; August 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- BYU faculty member papers (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hansen (Harold I.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:55-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Harold I. Hansen (1914-1992) was an educator at Brigham Young University.
Harold I. Hansen was born March 10, 1914 in Logan Utah. He acted as director of the Hill Cumorah Pageant for 40 years. He worked at Brigham Young University as head of the Department for Speech and Drama, appointed in 1952. Hansen died unexpectedly on June 13, 1992.
Hansen served a mission in the Eastern States in 1937. There he met and eventually married Betty Kotter in 1940. He graduated from Utah State University with a Bachelors of Science in dramatic arts. He attended graduate school and received his master's degree in Iowa. Afterwards, he worked in dramatics at Utah State University. In 1952, he came to Brigham Young University, appointed by President Ernest Wilkinson as head of the Department of Speech and Drama. Over the course of his entire career, he is estimated to have directed over 250 productions, several of which were simultaneously appearing on Broadway and other professional venues. He is know for his meticulous work and ability to push his productions forward using new technology and inventive ideas.
comments powered by Disqus