Annual University Conference records
Annual University Conference records
Materials consist of addresses including those by presidents of Brigham Young University and by General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, printed programs, and audiocassette and videocassette (VHS) recordings of annual university conference meetings. Materials date from 1952 to 2014.
- Extent: 6 boxes (3.04 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Annual University Conference
- Call Number: UA 790
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in four series: 1. Annual University Conference addresses, 1952-1998. 2. Annual University Conference general meeting programs, 1991-2002. 3. Annual University Conference sound and video recordings, 1989-2002. 4. Annual University Conference programs and other material, 2004-2014.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Annual University Conference records must be obtained from the Permissions and Licensing Office of the University and the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 790; Annual University Conference records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: UA 790, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Some items were sent to University Archives by Geri Bartholomew of Brigham Young University Public Affairs and Guest Relations, 1997-1999. Many of the earlier-dated printed addresses had been accumulated in University Archives over a period of years. Other items are collected by the University Archivist on an annual basis.
- Acquisition Information
- Collected; University Archives. Transferred; University Archivist; 2012. Transferred; University Archivist; 2013. Transferred; University Archivist; 2014.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA790.xml
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Church officers--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Brigham Young University. Annual University Conference
- Genre / Form
- Audiocassettes; Conference proceedings; Speeches, addresses, etc.; Conference programs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Brian D. Reeves and Sharon Belnap; May 2000. Processed; J.Gordon Daines III; August 2012. Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; September 2013. Processed; Erin Owens; October 2014. Processed; Jenna Kirchhoefer; April 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Annual University Conference records
- Finding Aid Author
- Brian D. Reeves, Sharon Belnap, and J. Gordon Daines III
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-07-22 16:25:50 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
The Annual University Conference takes place every year for non-student employees at Brigham Young University.
The Annual University Conference at Brigham Young University usually occurs just before the start of each fall semester. It is under the direction of the university president, and is an event for administration, faculty, and staff members, both full- and part-time. The conference is not open to students. It provides a place for the BYU community to come together for edification, training, and camaraderie.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 790
Annual University Conference addresses
Annual University Conference general meeting programs
Annual University Conference sound and video recordings
Dates: approximately 1989-2002
Annual University Conference programs and other material
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives