Christen Jensen papers
Christen Jensen papers
The papers involving 1/2 foot of material were deposited in the University Archives in August of 1974 by Bertrand F. Harrison, retired BYU faculty member and son-in-law to Christen Jensen. The papers were generated by Jensen and date from 1930-1961. His tenure and appointments at BYU were as follows: assistant professor for Political Science and History, 1908-1961; professor 1911; acting dean of College of Applied Science, 1924-1929; acting president, 1929-1940 and 1949-1950; dean of graduate school, 1929-1940, and acting dean, 1953; and professor Emeritus for Hisory and Political Science, 1949-1961.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jensen, Christen, 1881-1961
- Call Number: UA 96
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Christen Jensen collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Index/Finding aid Register located in repository.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 96; Christen Jensen papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 96, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Files were mostly generated while serving as Dean of College and Graduate School or as professor of Political Science and History.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA96.xml
- Subject Terms
- Harris, Franklin Stewart, 1884-1960; Wilkinson, Ernest L., 1899-1978; Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Letters; Memorandums; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Hollis Scott.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jensen, (Christen) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-17T04:25-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
History and political science professor; Graduate School dean, 1929-1948; acting president of Brigham Young University, 1949-1951; and professor emeritus of history and political science.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Box/folder in UA 96
box 1 folder 1
Christen Jensen report and memos
box 1 folder 2
Christen Jensen address and Alumni Awards
box 1 folder 3
Christen Jensen Alumni Awards and memos
box 1 folder 4
Christen Jensen article
box 1 folder 5
Christen Jensen class instructional material
box 1 folder 6
Dr. Horace G. Merrill Art Award and memos
box 1 folder 7
Christen Jensen doctorate program survey of B.Y.U.
box 1 folder 8
Christen Jensen faculty papers
box 1 folder 9
Christen Jensen correspondence and memos
Dates: 1933 June 19
box 1 folder 10
Graduate School papers
box 1 folder 11
Franklin S. Harris correspondence
box 1 folder 12
Christen Jensen notes and papers
box 1 folder 13
Inauguration of President Ernest L. Wilkinson and corresponding papers
box 1 folder 14
LDS Church publications and reading committee minutes
Dates: 1944 August 21
box 1 folder 15
President Ernest L. Wilkinson memoes from Christen Jensen
box 1 folder 16
Committee on Quarter vs. Semester Systems report
box 1 folder 17
Re-evaluation Committee report
box 1 folder 18
Testimonial and Memorial Services for President Franklin S. Harris memos and minutes
box 1 folder 19
Christen Jensen exams
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives