• Home
  • UA 965
  • Department of Chemical Engineering annual reports

Department of Chemical Engineering annual reports

Department of Chemical Engineering annual reports

Dates: 1967-1983

This collection contains the annual reports documenting the activities of the Department of Chemical Engineering from 1967 to 1983. It also includes some accreditation reports and grant proposals.

  • Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
  • Call Number: UA 965
  • Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
  • Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
Languages and Scripts
English
Conditions of Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Department of Chemical Engineering annual reports must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Preferred Citation
Initial citation: UA 965; Department of Chemical Engineering annual reports; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 965, LTPSC.
Acquisition Information
University Records Management,|dJune 2002.
Subject Terms
Colleges and Universities; Education; Provo (Utah)
Genre / Form
Reports
Appraisal Information
Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Finding Aid ID Number
UPB_UA965
Finding Aid Title
Department of Chemical Engineering annual reports
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Jennifer Kim
Finding Aid Creator
This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-16T04:31-0600
Finding Aid Language
English
Biographical Info:

Administrative History

The Chemical Engineering Department was organized within the Chemistry Department in the fall of 1954. At the same time, Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Departments were also formed but as separate departments, each with its own department chairman. All four departments offered a five-year degree in bachelor of engineering science. The departments were organized within the existing college of physical sciences and the college name was changed to the College of Physical and Engineering Sciences. The Department of Chemical Engineering was removed from under the control of the Department of Chemistry and became a separate department in the fall of 1958. In 1972 the College of Physical and Engineering Sciences was divided and the engineering programs became a part of the new College of Engineering Sciences and Technology.



comments powered by Disqus

Site Navigation

Search this Collection

Collection Arrangement

Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description

Print View

Help with this Collection

Ask us a Question

Cory Nimer
University Archivist - University Archives
cory_nimer@byu.edu