Alumni Association activity records
Alumni Association activity records
The collection contains materials from the Alumni Association and pertains to the activities that were associated with the department. The materials include correspondence, reports, programs, minutes, and awards.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.). -- 59 cartons (59 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 968
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2021) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection has been arranged into five series. I. Alumni Association Founders Day records, 1967-1979. II. Alumni Association Homecoming records, 1975-1995. III. Alumni Association reunion records, 1970-1995. IV. Alumni Association activities records, 1963-1996. V. Alumni Association Emeritus club records, 1973-1996. The materials have been left in the original order in which they were found. This order appears to be grouped by subject.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Alumni Association activity records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 968; Alumni Association activity records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 968, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in June 2002. Transferred from Records Management in May 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; June 2002. Transferred; Records Management; May 2009.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA968.xml
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young High School (Provo, Utah); Brigham Young University. Emeritus Club; Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Awards; Letters; Programs; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III and Brian Shull; June 2002. Processed; Matthew Leavitt; May 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Department records (University Archives collecting policy July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Alumni Association activity records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Matthew Leavitt
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-19T16:37-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Alumni Association offers support by acting as the liaison between Brigham Young University alumni and the University. It gives information on current happenings at the University, as well as putting together activities for the alumni. Such activities include Founders' Days, homecoming events, and class reunions.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series I in UA 968
Alumni Association Founders Day records
Alumni Association Homecoming records
Alumni Association reunion records
Alumni Association activities records
Alumni Association Emeritus club records
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives