Speeches of the Year booklets
Speeches of the Year booklets
Contains copies of the Speeches of the Year booklets produced at Brigham Young University. Materials date from 1973-1996.
- Extent: 3 boxes
- Creator: Brigham Young University
- Call Number: UA 995 Series 2
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged chronologically.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Collection of devotional and fireside speeches must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Speeches of the Year booklets; UA 995; Collection of devotional and fireside speeches; L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA995.xml
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Church officers--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religious gatherings--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Brigham Young University; Brigham Young University--Presidents
- Genre / Form
- Speeches, addresses, etc.; Pamphlets
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Collection of devotional and fireside speeches
- Finding Aid Author
- J. Gordon Daines III and Brian Shull
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-07-09 09:25:58 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Brigham Young University (1903- ) is a university sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Provo, Utah.
Brigham Young University was established in 1903 in a renaming of Brigham Young Academy. Past and present Brigham Young University presidents include George H. Brimhall (1903-1921), Franklin S. Harris (1921-1945), Howard S. McDonald (1945-1949), (acting president) Christian Jensen (1949-1951), Ernest L. Wilkinson (1951-1971), Dallin H. Oaks (1971-1980), Jeffrey R. Holland (1980-1989), Rex E. Lee (1989-1995), Merrill J. Bateman (1996-2003), Cecil O. Samuelson (2003-2014), and Kevin J. Worthen (2014- ).
Brigham Young University is owned and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as part of the Church Educational System (CES). The university is governed by a Board of Trustees, which, since 1939, has consisted of the First Presidency of the Church as well as other General Authorities or general officers of the Church appointed by the First Presidency. The Board of Trustees provides general direction and oversees the formulation of broad policies as well as the approval of all executive leadership and faculty appointments at the university. The Board of Trustees delegates to the University President the responsibility to conduct the operations of the institution and administer the policies enacted by the board. The President serves as the chief executive officer and general manager of the University. Since 1996, the President of the university has also been a General Authority of the Church.
Brigham Young University has grown from a small academy to one of the world's largest private universities. Sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU offers a unique educational environment that promotes learning by study and also by faith.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 995
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives